We strongly believe:
- Your needs come first – we think it’s important that we’re available when you need us, and we’ll make sure there’s always someone there to meet your needs. Good communication helps build a strong working relationship.
- You shouldn’t be stressed. Dealing with taxes can feel overwhelming, making life very stressful –why worry when we can assist you to meet tax obligations leaving you free to focus on your business.
- You should no longer fear the tax man. Dealing with HMRC can seem daunting – let us ease the burden. You won’t need to worry about dealing directly with HMRC, and you can be secure in the knowledge that all your accounting and filing deadlines will be met.
We have been providing accountancy services to businesses and individuals in Belfast and beyond for over 30 years. When Brian founded his own chartered accountants firm in 1986, he recognized that small businesses needed the services of an accountant with his level of local knowledge and expertise. By combining the experience he gained from working in larger accountancy practices together with a practical, down-to-earth approach, a tailored service evolved focusing on the client’s specific needs and goals.
Over the years, our accountancy practice has helped many owner managed businesses with their wide range of needs. From helping new businesses register for VAT, setting up PAYE, and filing their corporate tax returns to helping individuals with self- assessment and income tax, we have helped business of all sizes.
When Brian’s daughter, Sharon, joined the practice in 1994, she carried on the family tradition. Working within the practice, she gained real world experience as well as membership into FCCA.
Although Brian has now retired, Sharon has continued the practice with the same business ethos – whether you are filing a tax return, need advice, or have any other accounting or bookkeeping needs, we are ready to help.
Meet the team
We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the right level of professional support so that your needs are met.
Each staff member holds different specialisms. With many years of experience of working in these areas, we have real insight into your concerns as a local business.
By working together, we know that much of our job lies in helping you to understand the tax maze so that we find the simplest, most efficient way to take your business forward, year by year.
Sharon Gillespie FCCA; FIATI
- Business Accounts
- Self Assessment Tax
- Corporation Tax
I am a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and also a Fellow of the Institute of Accounting Technicians Ireland. I have over 20 years experience with Owner Managed Businesses, and have a wealth of experience to offer.
Donna Auld MIATI
- Payroll Issues
I am a qualified Accounting Technician and joined Gillespies in early 2001. I was previously employed by building and construction companies and have a sound background in book-keeping and accounts production.
Gemma Reynolds MIATI
- Complete client’s general bookkeeping tasks and prepare VAT returns.
- Prepare and maintain payroll records
- Assist with accounts production
- Assist our managers in their more advanced tasks and client work.
I worked at Colliers International for 10 years on a wide range of commercial property services to help business tenants, landowners and developers with their property needs. Whilst there, I studied for my Accounting Technician exams, which I successfully passed and was admitted into the institute in 2012.
Trainee Accounting Technician
- Bank reconciliation
- VAT Return preparation
- Process all customer payments.
- Run all the day-to-day aspects of the office.
After finishing my studies at school I went into a Management Training Scheme at a well -known supermarket chain. This did not provide me with the career development opportunities I was looking for and I changed career path to join Gillespie Accountants Ltd. It’s great to work in a challenging, busy environment and I look forward to developing my career further within the accountancy industry. I hope to start my studies with Accounting Technicians in Autumn 2018.